On February 10, 2003, the accuser had the defendant brought to her home. On February 13, 2003, (3 days after alleged rape) she was riding and calling around looking for him and said if she didn't find him she would have storage for his ass. On February 14, (Valentine's Day - 4 days after alleged rape), she again wanted the defendant brought to her house, but he had another girlfriend. On February 17, 2003, the accuser went to the police station.



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tampering - Intimidation - CoverUp

-----WITNESS TAMPERING
In 2003, a Danville police detective tampered with a defense witness during a rape trial. The public defender did nothing about it. The public defender, the head public defender, and the assistant D.A. resigned soon after I began contacting state officials. The new head public defender also would not do anything about the witness tampering. In 2008, the head district attorney resigned when the USA got a new President which means a new head U.S. Attorney.

The defense witness tampered with saw the accuser at a convenience store. The accuser said the defendant did not rape her but he'd wish he did. This witness had drug indictments against him. After this witness was removed from the witness room by the detective he suddenly didn't know why he was in court.

-----POLICE INTIMIDATION
The police have been to my home, watched and spotlighted my home. My mail was tampered with and some is missing, including letters sent to Black-owned newspapers and to an out-of-town lawyer. I had to put extra locks on my doors and contemplated getting a weapon to protect us from the police. My mother is in her seventies and in ill health. This has been a stressful time for her.

In 2004, I was close to a nervous breakdown due to what the police was doing to us. It was hard leaving my mother alone when I went to work with the police sitting outside our home. Just in case the police came to the door while I was gone, I put phone numbers on the wall so my mother could call me, neighbors and relatives. I would be at work and just start crying. Imagine the feeling of driving home at night down a road and suddenly headlights hit the back window. That is an eerie feeling. At night moving from window to window checking to see if the police are outside. Taking my dog outside at night with the backyard being close to the street. The police coming to the door on some phony reason. How many people are suppose to live at my home. Try being pulled over by the police claiming a redlight was ran but no ticket was given. Nobody should have to live like that in America. America, where police kill unarmed Black people.

-----COVER-UP
From 2003 through 2007, I contacted Virginia officials who either didn't reply or claimed they could do nothing about witness tampering and police intimidation. The following are their replies:
> Virginia State Bar replied that it's authority is limited. They did nothing about the public defender or the witness tampering.

> State Attorney's office replied that they represent the State. They represent corruption?

> Virginia Court of Appeals were sent a fair trial petition which contained signatures of Danville citizens and each judge was sent information about this case. Not one judge inquired what was going on. The defendant has not been given an appeal attorney. Now if my mail got through, each had enough information to see that the defendant did not receive a fair trial, but not one of them cared enough about the law or the defendant to find out what was going on. If they did not get my mail, then where is all that mail. Either way, it says volumes about justice in Virginia. There is no justice here.

> The U.S. Attorney in Richmond, VA (DOJ) did not reply to my letter requesting an investigation and protection for me and my family.

> The U.S. Attorney in Alexandria, VA (the Eastern District), replied that my letter was forwarded to the Western District U.S. Attorney in Roanoke, VA. It is now 2010 and the Roanoke office still has not replied.

> I called the U.S. Attorney in Richmond and left a voice-mail. When Mr J returned my call, I told him about the detective. I told him about the police coming to my home, watching my home, etc. I asked for an investigation and protection. He said this was a State matter, to contact the State Attorney. When I told him I already had he said to call the police. Yeah, right, the police will investigate themselves. The United States Dept of Justice in Virginia just ignored the complaint so there is no justice in Virginia.

> The governor's office replied to my fax that the governmor does not have the authority to intervene in legal matters. No investigation and no protection.

> In 2005, I called C-SPAN and spoke to a Senator. He told me to contact the State Bar and congressman.

> In 2007, the new state attorney and new governor also claimed to not have the authority to do anything.

I contacted Lawyer Referral wanting to get an appeal attorney and a civil rights lawyer. The reply was that there was no Virginia lawyers listed who handle cases for prisoners. I'm not a prisoner. Lawyer Referral is part of the Virginia Bar. Get it? To get one lawyers name just for a 30 minute consultation at the time cost $35. I wasn't about to waste money getting names of attorneys referred by Virginia State Bar.

Well-well-well. No officials in Virginia has the authority to do anything about witness tampering and police intimidation and don't care that the defendant was denied his rights - not even the Governor or the Department of Justice. State and federal officials just ignore the complaints and allow this atrocious and illegal behavior to continue.

Constitutional rights, rules of law, obstruction of justice, witness tampering, police intimidation means nothing in Virginia.

With this type of behavior from officials no wonder so many people of color are incarcerated.

In America, no one is suppose to be above the law, but officials are because they protect each other. Black Danville citizens have no protection from corrupt/racist officials.

Call up a defense lawyer in your town and see if you can get an office appointment when you say witness tampering by a police detective. I couldn't.

An out of town lawyer I contacted on my own wanted $5,000 just to read the trial transcript. Rich people don't get off because they are rich but because they can afford to hire lawyers to protect their legal rights and present their case and report misconduct by other officers of the court.

There is much more that I will post about this case. So keep checking this site. This is information that people need to know and talk about. This case can make a difference if we can get help. So tell people to read about it here. If or when I am contacted by Mr Holder I will post the reply.

I'm not asking the readers of this blog to determine the defendant's innocence or guilt based on what you read here. He has been denied these rights. Would you want to be accused of any crime, and have to go before a judge, prosecutor and public defender (all white) and have a fake trial. A trial behind closed doors with no jury, no press, and no public notice. Would you want a trial where a witness was tampered with, witness testimony disregarded even though they impeached the accuser, not have all your witness testify or even summoned? Behind closed doors. What does that sound like to you?

1 comment:

Dubliner said...

Please don't get a gun. If you do, given your struggle for justice, they will kill you. You have a better chance without one. Best of luck.