On February 10, 2003, the accuser had the defendant brought to her home. On February 13, 2003, (3 days after alleged rape) she was riding and calling around looking for him and said if she didn't find him she would have storage for his ass. On February 14, (Valentine's Day - 4 days after alleged rape), she again wanted the defendant brought to her house, but he had another girlfriend. On February 17, 2003, the accuser went to the police station.



Friday, July 9, 2010

The Dog Incident (& the inhumane society)

In 2004, the head of the Humane Society came to my home saying she wanted to take my dog to be examined by a vet. My dog had a growth on her side. I gave her my dogs info and was going to let her take my dog to be examined but I read the form before signing it. She had checked that I was giving her permission to kill my dog. I ripped the form up in her face and told her to get off of my property. She called the police. The White police officers came and then they called a Black cop. I had called relatives and made sure my neighbors were present to see what was going on. I wanted witnesses. The White cops stood to the side and let the Black cop do the threatening. The Black cop said he was going to break down my door if I didn't turn over my dog. I refused. He threatened to arrest me and my mother. My mother is in ill health and did not want to spend Christmas in jail. She was destressed and so I let the cop take my dog after he promised he would take care of her.

I called the Humane Society to find out where my dog was and was given the name of the vet. The vet told me over the phone that my dog was too old to be operated on and that I could have her back. But the Humane Society did not bring my dog back. They locked my dog up and in January 2005 I had to go to court to keep them from killing her. Not a nice Christmas with my dog and my brother locked up. I subpoenaed the Black cop who took my dog but he did not appear in court. The judge said I could postpone or continue. My witnesses were present and the court room was full of Black people waiting their turn so I decided to continue so that all those people could witness my case. I had the feeling that the officials didn't think I would show up. I didn't want an empty court room like it was for the fake rape trial so I continued.

The people from Human Society came out of a side room with a prosecutor and the vet. The prosecutor took me and my mother into a room and asked me what I wanted to ask the cop. I wouldn't tell him. I had talked to the Black cop about the officials in this case of course so the cop didn't show up. The prosecutor wouldn't look at me but kept his eyes closed. Yelp, he was one of those who can't look people in the eye. In the court room, he went first asking the head of the Humane Society questions. She said she told me that she was going to add at the top of the form that my dog was to see the vet. Neither the judge nor prosecutor said anything but I know that the form would not be valid if she added to it after I signed it. I'm Black so I'm suppose to be stupid. If I had not read the form first, she would have killed my dog. So much for her being humane. I gave her the form that I had ripped and told her to read it. She excluded part of it so I told her to read the whole thing. I asked her where did she get the information (name, age) about my dog. She said from me, which means I was going to let her take my dog to be examined until I saw the form. The vet testified that she didn't think my dog, due to age, would survive surgery, so I should have my dog back. The prosecutor had the nerve to say that I wasn't asking questions but making statements. I'm not a lawyer but this guy wanted me to behave like one. Okay, I did and I beat him. Yelp, I won the case beating the Humane Society and the prosecutor.

The judge let it be known that this wasn't an animal cruety case. The vet said my dog was old and the judge said he had an old dog too. He ordered the Humane Society to return my dog after I paid for rabies shot. In the hallway of the court house, the head of the Humane Society was grumbling. I don't know if she padded the bill but if she did, she had lunch on me and I don't care - I beat her. Before I went to court I had gone to the shelter to see my dog. She looked at me as if asking when was she going home. It hurt leaving her there. After court, I went to the shelter to get my dog and the head of the Humane Society told my dog she was sorry she had to give her back to me. Did that woman actually think my dog would prefer to be dead than live with me just because she had a growth on her side? The head of the Humane Society not very humane.

When my dog got home, she was quiet because she didn't know what she had done to be sent away and didn't want to do anything to be sent away again. I had to play with her to assure her that she was home and could be her pesty self. She had bugs on her that she had gotten from the shelter. She died a year later, in her spot in the hallway, at home with her family. She was sixteen or seventeen years old.

I included this story to show how even Danville's Humane Society officials are not so humane. What was the real reason for wanting to kill my dog after the vet said I could have my dog back? It cost money every time the court room lights click on and people have to take time out of their lives to go to court. So what was the reason for it? And to give an extra idea of unfairness, nothing was done to the Black cop who didn't appear in court even though I summoned him, but my neighbors, a married couple, were arrested when they didn't appear in court. That case was about disagreeing over household finances and they were arrested for not appearing but the cop was not arrested. There are different rules of law for civilians and officials. Officials are above the law.

Stand up for yourself and your family which include your pets. Don't let officials get away with mistreating you in any kind of way. Up to now, there still has been nothing done officially about the defendant being denied his constitutional rights but at least I tried and still try. Maybe fifty years from now the defendant will get justice. At least my efforts have gotten some of the corrupt/racist officials involved in this case to resign. And the tampering detective is now just a spokesperson for the Danville police department and is not working cases.

No comments: