On February 10, 2003, the accuser had the defendant brought to her home. On February 13, 2003, (3 days after alleged rape) she was riding and calling around looking for him and said if she didn't find him she would have storage for his ass. On February 14, (Valentine's Day - 4 days after alleged rape), she again wanted the defendant brought to her house, but he had another girlfriend. On February 17, 2003, the accuser went to the police station.



Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thank You Imo

Thank you Imo. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

I am not a violent person. I do not own a gun. It was back in 2004 when I contemplated getting a gun to protect me and my mother from the police who were coming to our home so frequently and sitting outside our home.

In 2003, my close aunt passed and about a month later my brother was accused of rape by his ex-girlfriend. My mother is in ill health and I'm the one with her. And then on top of that dealing with the police. The pressure got to me and I was close to coming apart. To be honest, I was close to that edge and if anything had happened to my mother, I don't know if I would not have stepped over that line. There is such a thing as pushing people too far.

I have always believed in the law and when younger thought about being a police officer. It hurts to be mistreated by not only the police but other officials who are suppose to be representatives of the law. It hurts to know that in 2010, the Constitution of the United States still do not apply to Black citizens. And it doesn't ease the pain to know that it is not only Black citizens who are denied their legal rights.

I have made sure that many people know about this case as a form of protection from the police. Of course in America, unarmed Black citizens can be killed by the police with little or nothing done about it, but I wanted people to be aware so that if the police did do anything to me, maybe people would ask questions and not just go by what the media reported.

A few days ago I read an article about a woman who became a lawyer just to help her brother and she eventually got him released from prison for a crime he did not commit. In America, no one should have to go to that extreme to get justice.

Again, thank you for showing concern. And I thank all the people who have taken time to read this blog. Please continue to visit because I have more to post. I hope to eventually get justice and I hope that anyone who is having a similar experience of not getting justice will continue to fight for it. I am trying to reach one honest official who will investigate this case and a news journalist who will do a story on it so that even more people will know about it. Maybe even a lawyer will offer assistance. Justice and equal rights have to be fought for when it is stolen from us. Hopefully Mr Holder will do something about this case.

Peace and Honor and Justice
DVJustice

No comments: